torsdag den 22. august 2013


English A - 2.a - partner: Hibo Dahir


Post-reading (publish both in one post on your blog)

1.     Write a shot analysis of the text as you would present it at an oral exam, using the Rhetorical Pentagon (writer – topic – circumstances - reader – language – intention)

-          Writer: The writer is Vivian Gornick, she’s an American essayist.
-          She writes a lot about interesting topics like very huge ones, involving certain historical stuff. (Fx: The Romance of American Communism, Essay in feminism)
-          The circumstances in her art pieces are usually about historical events. (communism, feminism, 9/11)
-          From what I’ve read I feel like, I can live into the events she writes, I agree with her and understand her. I understand how it feels unreal, shocking and it even has this effect on you forever.
-          The language is heavily advanced, there words that I would not really use since there are other words that are a lot easier with the same meaning.
-          The writer tells us about the a year after the events of 9/11, it tells us about how the American people are having this hard time getting passed the event and moving on. In the essay it is said they cannot even think about new York or read about it or go there or even look at a photograph. The traumatic event had changed the American people too much.

2.       What is the message of the text?


-          I think the message is, that overcoming a trauma isn’t easy, and certainly not something that happens fast. It will take time, but it will still be a part of you as a person.  


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar